Membership of the HTPAA offers those interested in traditional hand tools and techniques a range of benefits:
- Copies of the full colour quarterly journal - "The Tool Chest"
- Copies of the quarterly newsletter - "The Sharp Edge"
- Copies of the quarterly newsletter "Spanner & Wrench Collector"
- Reprints of selected past trade catalogues
- Regular meetings and demonstrations
- Opportunity to work on Thomas Caine and HTPAA Tool Collections
- Antique & Collectable Hand Tool Market at a dedicated venue 3 times a year and the opportunity to buy and sell tools during intervals at General Meetings 6 times a year
- Extensive library of catalogues and technical books
- Free advertising of tools for sale, wanted or swap in "The Sharp Edge"
- Technical advice on tool restoration & preservation of artefacts
- Biennial Tool & Trade Conference
- Opportunity to participate/demonstrate at various public functions
- Visits by world-renowned tool collecting specialists and authors
- Contacts with Australian and overseas tool collectors
- Periodic social functions, usually in a unique setting in an historical context.
You can read the then complete our online membership application below or if you prefer you can download the application form. If you download the form, you need to print it, complete and sign it, then scan and email it to or mail the printed copy to: Membership Secretary, HTPAA, PO Box 4021, McKINNON VIC 3204. (For membership renewal please go to Member Renewal).